Total Pageviews

Saturday 10 September 2011

Delicious

I've been using delicious for some time now.  It allows you to save your bookmarks to the site, share your bookmarks with others through tags and find other related bookmarks on the site.

These are all very useful, but the real advantage is that you can access your bookmarks anywhere.  Bookmarking is always a useful way of retaining links to websites (particularly one off finds when doing research) but the problem has always been that your research in location A and then do some more work in location B and because the bookmarks are saved on computer A, you can't find the websites again on computer B.  With delicious, your bookmarks are always with you.  When I was doing my university undergraduate dissertation I kept a word document of links to sites, with delicious that will no longer be necessary when I write my masters thesis.

As with Prezi and doodle, this is a very simple innovation, using the internet to replicate and enhance an already existent function of your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment